Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Tupac Amaru Shakur.....

















I can talk about Pac for DAAAAYYYS.  Where do I start???  First off, I'd like to wish him a Happy B-day, had he lived, Pac would have been 38yrs old today.

Anyone who knows me is VERY aware of my love for him.  I swore to the world that I was THE BIGGEST Tupac fan ever, lmao.  Girls I went to H.S. will tell ya...I had him on my lockers, studied every single one of his songs, bought every video he had, watched every interview he did.  If it was affiliated with him, I was involved in it!  I've always loved Rap, but when Pac came in the game I had a new found appreciation for something I loved for years.  It's like I fell in love all over again.  I was fascinated by his charisma, his flow, his arrogance, his cockiness, the way he articulated his words, his storytelling just EVERYTHING.   I once considered being a hip hop journalist because of him. 

Unfortunately, I was never blessed with the opportunity to meet Pac, BUT my sister Marge did.  It was actually the best day of my life.  Long story short, my sister met him at the VMA'S in "96".  My mom didn't allow me to go because I had school the next day (I'll 4give u for that 1 mama).  Anyhoo, I hounded my sis all night and told her "DON'T COME HOME UNLESS YOU HAVE A PAC AUTOGRAPH OR PIC FOR ME"-LMAO.  I was dead serious!  All in all the night turned out amazing and YES, my sis got me an autograph and pic of Mr. Shakur!!!!!!!!!  He even asked her what my name was and when she said "Lolly"  he was smiling and said it was cute!  OOOOOWWWW, Pac said my name was cute, I could die a happy woman,haha.  That was an amazing night for me when she came home and surprised me with my gift.  I now keep the pic and autograph in a frame wrapped in plastic.  Sadly, a few days after that Pac was shot:(

With that being said, I just want people to remember him today and rejoice his life.  Play his music, look at some of his videos whatever the case may be.  Whether you liked him or not...you had to respect him!  Again, Happy B-day & Rest In Peace Pac.......

-I wanted 2 share with you just a few of my fav Tupac videos, enjoy.....











*BY FAR MY FAVORITE PAC INTERVIEW*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is beautiful Miss Lolly! Just beautiful! I can tell your a big fan!

Medina-CA

Anonymous said...

GREAT, iMMA LISTEN TO HIM NOW BC YOU GOT ME IN THE "PAC" MOOD!

CEE-DUBBZ

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this-true fan!

HARMONY-Jersey City

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more precise than somewhere else, thanks.

- Murk

Anonymous said...

Might be the Most desirable topic which I browsed through all day?!