Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Life: I was in one of my poetic moods & decided 2 drop this poem on ya'll that I wrote:



Dream Killers


As my finger tips touch the clouds I think 2 myself…"damn they are so soft"
Skies the limit is the song that's playing in my head as the haters talk
I continue to reach even when people don't believe in me
Underestimating is the fuel that I need to prevent me from being weak
It cuts like a knife when the ones you love doubt you
Your suppose to be on my team not cheer for my enemy who's ready to aim and shoot
Dream on is what I do….Dream on is how I choose….2 live
The life I want is not impossible when I have so much 2 give
I am getting to the point where I'm so close….I feel so fly & so damn high
Interrupting my positive flow, that's when the dream killers start to arrive
Why the hell are you here dream killers? Is what I ask….
I love who I am, flaws and all, driven, beautiful, smart & not 2 mention I believe I even have a nice ass:)
All jokes aside….Don't wreck my flow…don't cut in on my dance
U may not have the same views as me but just love, support and respect me as I am
I see the world differently….try to look 2 at it through my eyes
Dream killers…won't you try approaching life my way…maybe then you'll finally feel alive.
I love the beat I walk to because it's all mine
Let me catch a rhythm to my own song as I stay on my grind…..goodbye dream killers goodbye…..


By, L

*I'm fighting them off mommy!!!

No comments: