Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fashion Battle Wars: Apollonia -vs- Vanity.....

*** Apollonia





***Vanity






Prince or as I call him "The Purple One" was notorious for being surrounded by FIERCE looking women, especially in the 80's. Two of those particular women were his proteges. One being Apollonia, who starred in "Purple Rain" with him and the other being Vanity, who was the lead singer in the girl group "Vanity 6". She also starred in the movie "The Last Dragon".

To be quite honest, when I was younger I'd always get these two confused, lol. They sort of had similar styles and slightly favored each other with the long dark hair and fair skin complexion. They both shared a love for lace lingerie, paired with gloves, garter belts, capes and blazers. YES, I said it capes and blazers…I recall seeing Apollonia with a very revealing lingerie outfit with a Dracula type cape.  Similar to what she is wearing on the "Sex Shooter" cover.  It actually looked kind of hot, not many people can pull that off. Vanity was a bit edgy as well and oozed sex appeal just as much as Apollonia did, but was definitely a bit softer. Especially the character that she played in "The Last Dragon" when she asked Bruce Leroy to be her bodyguard, hahaha. I noticed she toned down the outfits a bit for that role. From a Sex Shooter to a Nasty Girl…these two were DOPE DOPE and ummmm did I say DOPE??? 

With that being said, I've come to a decision. In my book the winner is (drum roll)…….Apollonia!!! Not only were her outfits hotter BUT she definitely aged waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better than Vanity, DAYUM GIRL WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha I adore this article!!!!!! I agree Apollonia looks better now!!!

rach

Anonymous said...

great post!!!!!!! love these fashion battles that your starting to do! Clever.....

Lee

Anonymous said...

I pick Vanity, I always loved her!!!

Anonymous said...

both chicks are bad!!!