Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fashion battle wars of the 80's: Molly Ringwald -vs- Denise Huxtable.....


I must say, this is a hard one!  Molly Ringwald aka "Teen Queen" is the actress who starred in infamous 80's flicks directed by the late great John Hughes.  Some of these films you may be familiar with, such as "Pretty In Pink", "Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club".  By watching these movies not only have we've grown to love Molly as an actress but also love her wild and colorful sense of style.  Everything from the bomber jackets, the leather gloves, floral print shirts, the vests and let's not forget the pink lace dress!

Ohhhhhh Lisa Bonet aka "Denise Huxtable"...where does one begin?  This chick was beyond fly...the "rebel" in the Cosby kids clan-which is what I called her.  Her funky haircuts, the fedora hats, the blazers and one of the things that made her famous "THE DAD BUTTON DOWN SHIRT".  I adore her look....she made it cool to go in your dad's closet and throw on one of his shirts to wear to a party.

***My personal pick (drum roll)........being that I am sucka for short Psychedelic haircuts, lol DENISE HUXTABLE!!!  I still luv ya tho Molly:)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Lolly!!!! hard decision is right...I love Molly but Denise was fly.

Keyha-Colorado

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS PIECE YOU CHOSE TO WRITE ABOUT!

AL

Anonymous said...

I'm a MOLLY FAN ALL THE WAY!

ThePeoplesChoice said...

I just loved Denise! I need a Gordon Gartrell shirt lol