Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Favorite throwback 80's group: "The Jets"....




"The Jets" were an 80's family singing group who were formally known as "The Polynesian Pearls". They were raised in the Tongan islands in Hawaii and then moved to Minneapolis. The group consisted of 8 brothers and sisters and were discovered by Don Powell. The Jets were popular for songs such as "Make It Real", "Crush On You" and "You Got It All" (which was my FAV)…..

With their unique look, wild bushy hair and infamous "non-matching/pastel color" outfits, lol. This brother and sister group rocked the charts in the 80's with their love struck ballads. Although, it's been years since we heard from them. The Jets are now touring throughout the country and are in the process of recording another album. Let's hope they come back full blast-*crossing fingers*.

*Sidebar-I secretly wanted to be the 9th member when I was a kid.  Shhhhhh.....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, u brought back my childhood! I adore them! Thanks Lolly.

Liz

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you found them!!! I am putting these songs on my ipod. haha

Shaneece

Anonymous said...

"Crush On You" has to be my favorite song from the 80's!

Mona

Anonymous said...

Great goods from you, man. I've be mindful your stuff prior to and you're just too wonderful.
I actually like what you have received here, really like
what you're saying and the way during which you are saying it. You're making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to stay it sensible.
I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great site.


Review my site US real estate agent directory
[]

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this blog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back
later and see if the problem still exists.

Here is my web-site; research paper title page format

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarette brands, e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, best electronic cigarette, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarettes reviews