Monday, May 10, 2010

Rest In Peace to the legendary Lena Horne......



Last night legend Lena Horne passed away at the age of 92.  She was definitely a class act!  As a child, I remember my mom playing her music around the house while she cleaned.  One of my favorite songs of Lena's was "Stormy Weather", it was just smooth & soothing.  She was also the 1st black performer to be signed to a long term contract with a Hollywood studio.  I even recall watching "The Cosby Show" when Ms.  Horne surprised Cliff for his b-day.  I always wanted to get her to sing for my dad ever since watching that episode, lol.  Iconic, Regal, Graceful, Beauty and Legend.  You will be missed Lena Horne, may you rest in peace......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a classic beauty!! I love that 1st picture you posted of her!

Kim-

Anonymous said...

I love that episode of the cosby show too.

Angie-Jersey

Anonymous said...

GO LENA!! PURE LEGEND! Thanks for posting Lolly.

Rich

Anonymous said...

She was always beautiful to me.

M-Lo-

Anonymous said...

She was so regal!

LES