Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just A Thought: Praying for people to stop judging and start loving flaws and all.......


One thing that I despise the most is when people judge you! None of us are perfect and may all have something that we are lacking. If God intended to make us perfect beings this world would be a very boring place. I think the problem with a lot of people today is that they search for something/someone that is damn near perfection. Don't get me wrong... everyone should have standards and know what they like/don't like. Yet, instead of judging someone and not discussing what they are lacking- communicate with them. Love entails teaching and learning, if you love that person enough-work with them! To me that is the most exciting thing about relationships and loving someone. You pull bits and pieces of what you may lack from that person. For ex: I may have a huge knowledge on music and my partner may not. I bring that to the table and enlighten him about different genres of music. I may open his eyes to country, blue grass etc…that, he pulls from me and learns. Also, if I may not be big on football or golf, whatever it may be. I get excited to hear his point of views on that and learn from him. Instead of criticizing or putting down that person for not knowing, love them more for wanting to learn from you and respect them for that. Love and relationships are all about growing, learning, teaching and communicating. Learning from one another is probably one of the most sexiest things about a relationship to me. Not being judged or badgering one for something they may lack. Instead take a different approach and pull them aside, love them and enlighten them. Nothing says love more than accepting someone for WHO THEY ARE?  I know I love my man for who he is unconditionally. Just like Beyonce said "Love me flaws and all". If you are searching for that PERFECT person you'll be searching forever bc no such thing exists. Now is there "close to perfect" with a few glitches and they have everything you want but may be a lil rough around the edges on one thing? YES, that does exists and when you find it hold on, love that person and work with them. Love is hard at times but it's also a beautiful journey that consists of pain, compromise, loyalty, laughter, tears, bliss, educating, listening and enlightening. When you hold "ONE" thing against a person, to me, there is no fairness nor love in that. True love- loves with no limitations, true love is not judgmental, true love is not hesitant to learn nor teach, true love doesn't run from a problem it works through it and most important-True love sees the beauty in someone regardless of what they are lacking and wouldn't judge that person knowing that "they too" lack things within themselves.


With all that being said, I just wanted to take the opportunity to enlighten a few folks. I wanted to change the tone just a tad today and talk about something a lil different:) Give people a little insight into what I think about one being judged for who they are. I think Marilyn Monroe said it best, this has to be one of my favorite quotes …. “I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best"- Marilyn Monroe

1 comment:

ThePeoplesChoice said...

i love it. to love me is to know me period. and if you cant do that then we cant be cool...regardless of the type of relationship. i don't do gray area situations.