Monday, January 4, 2010

Rules of a huslter for 2010.....



"It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!" –Edwin Lefevre
  • Have an emergency fund- Put aside money that you ARE NOT going to touch, look at, or even sniff UNLESS of an emergency. Whether you put it in a bank account or even hide it under a bed-PUT IT ASIDE AND SAVE!!!! Take money out of your check bi-weekly, it can range from 20 bucks to 100. Trust, no matter how much the amount is, when you are consistent with saving it, it will eventually accumulate.
  • Always have a side hustle - Try to get your hands in as many projects as possible. My motto is to always keep busy and why not have 2 jobs instead of one, if it’s DOABLE:) If it pays-GREAT, if not, and you can get experience, I still say-GREAT! Sometimes we have to take risks in life- and a lot of those risks may be financial. If it is worth it and it makes sense, I say go for it, you only live once.
  • Shop on a budget-I know some folks may wanna look nice and keep up with the fashion game. No need to fret people, there is a way that you can look jazzy and avoid keeping your pockets hollow!!! Instead of getting the typical Gucci, Prada, LV etc….my people, there is nothing wrong with the H&M's of the world, Gap or heck even Old Navy. Give yourself a budget and take someone shopping with you who has a great sense of style. I, myself am a serious fashion head and a major bargain shopper!!!! I can shop with the best of them and can guarantee you some hot ish on a budget! Therefore, try to be a little low key with the gear but still make it look fresh!!!   "Fashion is made to become unfashionable." –Coco Chanel
  • Pay Off debt- There is nothing worse than owing someone money.  Whether it be student loans, auntie NeeNee, credit cards, rent, cable etc....It is NOT I REPEAT, NOT A GOOD LOOK.  Trust, I know from experience and learned a tough lesson.  Therefore, get that straightened out folks, asap!!!
  • Money is a vehicle-Money is a tool to build whatever you want to build, get you to wherever you want to get. Therefore, use it wisely people, invest wisely, spend wisely and save wisely!!!
  • Learn to brand yourself- Get your name out there whether it's through blogging, television, parties etc. It's your job to educate people on who YOU ARE-be fearless and put them on to you, get out there and network, let your presence be known! Be your biggest fan- my motto is "IF YOU SPEAK/HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY, THEY WILL COME":) HOLLA!
  • Never let the HATE stop you- allow it to be your fuel, never let it hinder you. Always keep positive driven folks around you. Always support your fam/significant other as they support you. Keep them driven, happy and hold them down, it shall then be recipricated. Wear your battle gear when it comes to haters/dream killers-KEEP IT MOVING and proceed towards your goals!!!

1 comment:

ThePeoplesChoice said...

I so love this one...I'm a true hustler at heart. I have to have a back up to the back up and I'm my own pusher. I've developed my real estate business for loan closings, working on a side hustle for small event planning and creating invites/fliers. FaireChoices, LLC is my brand, its me and if youre really reading you see my double entendre...'nous faison' as the french say ;-)