Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lauryn Where Art Thou?!?!?!

Sigh, sigh and JUST sigh……

I was missing me some L-Boogie so much that I've been rocking out to her at work. I've been asking myself the infamous question that everyone else has been asking. WHERE THE HELL IS LAURYN HILL?!?!

"The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" has to be one my favorite albums in the world. Right up there with "Off The Wall", "Purple Rain" and "All Eyez On Me". Every bit of it was pure genius, even down to her interludes. "Tell Him" and "Ex Factor" are my top songs on that album. I actually had the honor of meeting Ms. Hill about 3 years ago. Although, I was ecstatic, it wasn't the best encounter. I was on my lunch break and she was in front of "B. Smith's". She had on bell bottoms, a pink afro wig and platform shoes with a fish tank in the heel. It wasn't the Lauryn Hill that I knew and loved. She came up to me and in a raspy voice said "Wear that Bob Marley shirt well, RESPECT". Then she jumped into her car like a clown (I mean thief) in the night…very weird experience. Yet, I was sooooo happy to have met her eventhough she was off her rocker:( Lauryn come back, we miss you girl and this music industry NEEDS ya!!!!


Ahhhh her Fugee days....

Young days.....


Now this is the Lauryn we remember...

Then she met "HIM" Mr. Rohan....*side eye*

He broke her heart and this started happening.  First her hair went...then her head:(

It slowly begins......

BOOM-Enters the crazy L-Boogie....

Downhill from here.....

No words....


Dear (Crazy) Lauryn,

I don't know what you've done with the (old) Lauryn Hill.  We want her back though ASAP or else.  Thank you kindly:)

Ciao,

L

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great post Lolly. ALso, grat pics...forgot how pretty she was!

Rasheed-ATL

Anonymous said...

Love it Lolly just Love it!! lol

Niema

Anonymous said...

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa awwww Lauryn!!!

KiKi

Unknown said...

Wait, i dont get it. Eryka Badu gets praised for dressing crazy, and Lauryn Hill is off her rocker? What about Lady GaGa??

Anonymous said...

DAMN LAURYN! DAMN DAMN DAAAAMMMN!