Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Music Spotlight-Melanie Fiona......

Ok….so last night I offically fell in love with Melanie Fiona's music!!!!I've heard of her here and there-but never took the chance to really sit down and listen to her material. I was a little tight with myself being that I waited so long to get put on to her, lol. Her music is super dope, she definitely has a sound of her own. With her rapsy voice, sick island beats and slight twist of doo-wop mixed with R&B, she is force to be reckoned with. Her sound is pretty unique, and what I love the most about her album is that she stepped out the box and didn't do "typical" R&B songs! Melanie made her 1st appearance opening for Kanye West on his 2008 Tour. With her Canadian-Guyanese background she credits Sade and Bob Marley as her influences. For those who don't know about her let me put you on. Although, I was a little late myself (lol)- I now jumped on the Melanie Fiona bandwagon. Check out her album "The Bridge" that dropped yesterday-hope u folks enjoy!!:)

**Here are a few of my personal favs from her album: "Monday Morning", "You Stop My Heart", "Give It To Me Right", "It Kills Me" and "Ay Yo".









2 comments:

ThePeoplesChoice said...

i just love her...when i first heard her voice i was expecting a statuesque woman, but her tiny frame belts some hearty notes. I love the freestyle acapella version of somebody come get me...(b4 i kill this man) check it out on youtube, its hot.

Unknown said...

I just purchased her album last nite.. Mad it went from 5.99 to 7.99 (yea Im cheap. Should of got it when I first seen the 5.99.. Anyways.. So far so good.. I can dig it.. She has a Jazmine Sullivan type of feel.