Friday, November 20, 2009

Music Spotlight- Phil Collins.....


I felt like taking the time to pay homage to one of my FAV artists of the 80's, which is Phil Collins. In my opinion if you are not a fan, you’re a LAME, lol. Point blank Phil is beyond Dope!!!! We'd have him playing non-stop in my house. Just picture it, a young girl in the South Bronx blasting Phil Collins out the window, can you say random?! Hahaha. Yet, it was so true, growing up I listened to everything from The Beatles, to Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, to Stevie Wonder to Big Daddy Kane and the list goes on. With that being said, as you can see I love all genres of music and Phil Collins was definitely on my top 5 list. His songs were a mixed between melancholy, soft rock and pop…I couldn't really put it in one category, it was just HOT. My fav song of his would have to be a tie between "Groovy Kind Of Love" or "In The Air Tonight". I remember when I 1st heard that song in Tom Cruise's movie "Risky Business". It was one of the dopest love scenes & that was playing in the background, I totally fell in love!! Anyhoo…I gotta give props where props are due to Phil Collins. Hands down, I don’t care what anyone says-no matter who you are when that beat drops in "In The Air Tonight" you cannot tell me that you don't get super crunk, lol!!!! Do da damn thang Phil. Here are some of my favorite vids by Mr. Collins that I wanted to share, enjoy….







1 comment:

ThePeoplesChoice said...

i just love Phil! he's probably been overlooked, perhaps pushed to the back of the closet over the years with the new washed out sounds...but he is one of the rare true artitsts left.